Saturday, November 16, 2013

Review: Bear Despair


Bear Despair
Bear Despair by Gaetan Dorémus

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



So I've been wondering what it would be like to 'read aloud' this book just with prosody. To do non-linguistic noises that offer an impression. (I could probably do that with some images in Snowman, too...)

Oh, man! This one was close to a 5. I'll have to wait and see if I keep coming back to it, or if I buy a copy [yes, ten months later I still think it was the best picture book of the year]. The bear gets so mad! I laughed out loud three or four different times, and then again while I had it open to write this.

I'm going to get the rest of the Stories Without Words series from Enchanted Lion Books, even though they're not all by Gaetan Dorémus.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment