Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Review: Question Boy Meets Little Miss Know-It-All


Question Boy Meets Little Miss Know-It-All
Question Boy Meets Little Miss Know-It-All by Peter Catalanotto

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



The superhero conflict was a clever idea, but the strongest aesthetic moment in this book is the total absurdity of Know-it-All's barrage of random facts. It was hilarious. My 8-year-old Pearl thought the one about ducks on the head in Minnesota was worth repeating--I bet she tries it on kids at school today! The resolution wasn't half as satisfying, but stayed nicely within the comic-book structure of battle between arch-nemeses.

On second thought, the dogged pursuit of the question about oil tanks was just as absurd, and made me laugh there, too. The fact that adults just want to get away from the questions and the answers felt all too real.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment