Monday, November 24, 2014

Review: The Pilot and the Little Prince: The Life of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry


The Pilot and the Little Prince: The Life of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
The Pilot and the Little Prince: The Life of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry by Peter Sís

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Sís is a long-time favorite of mine, and I find his recent foray into biography interesting. In his interview in The Guardian he writes about his inspiration for this book, showing that his motivations are largely personal. I don't think I appreciated this biography as much as he would have wanted. I don't always like picturebooks that try to do a whole lifespan in the biography. Lately I'm more intrigued when an author picks out the interesting slice from a bigger-than-life life and deepens the experience of just that moment.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment