Thursday, October 3, 2013

Review: Basher Science: Extreme Biology


Basher Science: Extreme Biology
Basher Science: Extreme Biology by Simon Basher

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



The Nickelodeon voice and anime drawings set the Basher Science series apart from any other science books I've read. The personification (or characterization) was a little annoying because sometimes a character stood in place of an object, and other times in place of a process. I think this series might work better if it actually were game cards and the idea was to play the science rather than read about it. The cartoon drawings don't stand in well for microscope photos and realistic diagrams, and the series doesn't pretend to provide this kind of information. So, again, I think if the series is going to look game-like Basher should just make the game. I found myself engaged in some of the individual pages or chapters, but the book as a whole was not an engaging cover-to-cover read. It would be read best in chunks over time.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment