Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Review: The Golden Book of the Mysterious


The Golden Book of the Mysterious
The Golden Book of the Mysterious by Jane Werner Watson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This is the one my brother Eric had when we were kids. I'm going to include this type of book in the upcoming chapter on Informational Books, so I'm looking closely at how the books use informational conventions, rhetoric, and formatting. The intent of the writing and the illustration is obviously to inform. But with the paranormal topic writers also intend to leave readers with uncertainty and questions rather than answers--also to frighten them some! Books on the paranormal are great for busting through the fences we want to put around genres in education.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment