Friday, October 11, 2013

Review: The Fantastic Undersea Life of Jacques Cousteau


The Fantastic Undersea Life of Jacques Cousteau
The Fantastic Undersea Life of Jacques Cousteau by Dan Yaccarino

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I read this on my Kobo in b/w. I actually didn't mind it. The color renders pretty well into grayscale, but I expect the visual experience isn't even close to the same as what I'd get with the picturebook. All indicators in the design and the cover photos point to a colorful 1960s theme. Basic facts about Cousteau's interests and pursuite of the sea beg for more information both in biography and background. Yaccarino does a great job of pointing people to the excellent movies and tv that would help people know why they should care about Cousteau. Unfortunately, the only thing on Netflix is the animated series from 2002.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment